hybrid bread: start in the bread machine, finish by hand
© 2011 by KV5R — Rev. Jan. 30, 2011.
- Put 2 Tbsp sugar, 1-1/8th cup warm water, and 2 tsp rapid-rise yeast in a measuring cup. Mixed well and let stand 10 minutes to bloom the yeast.
- Poured that into bread machine, added 1 cup whole-wheat (WW) flour and 2 cup Better-for-Bread (B4B) and pressed Start. Let it mix and knead, then stopped it and dumped out the dough.
- Shaped it into a big ball and placed in a sprayed 9-inch cake pan. Covered with plastic and let rise. Later, removed plastic, which was constraining the rise, and covered with a cup-towel. Rose for 1½ hours.
- Sprayed top with olive oil and sprinkled with basil.
- Preheated oven to about 350°F and baked uncovered for 35 minutes.
- When top was golden, removed and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Bottom crust was not done, so placed back into oven, on the rack, for a few minutes.