two white wheat loaves made in a french bread mold
© 2011 by KV5R — Rev. March 20, 2011.
- The breads came out very nice. Top (buttered) crust was soft; bottom crust was crisp. Crumb was soft and light.
- Flavor is like an honest white bread but with just a bit of herb.
- The ½-tsp vanilla was not noticeable, but I suspect it did add a bit of interest.
- I’m finding that I like breads better if they are not overly sweet, or sour, or otherwise flavored.
- The slices were too small for sandwitches, but great for dipping and finger-food snacks.
So there you have it! White French loaves for little snacks! Please stay tuned for more bread baking adventures in the coming weeks.
Thanks for stopping by! —kv5r